The City of Virginia Beach is committed to making web content available to all through conformance with web content accessibility guidelines.
PROVIDE WEB ACCESSIBILITY FEEDBACK
- If you use assistive technology (such as a Braille reader, screen reader, or TTY) and the format of any material on this website interferes with your ability to access information, please email us at ADACoordinator@vbgov.com or submit feedback through our online form.
- Users who need accessibility assistance can also contact us by phone through the Federal Information Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339 for TTY/Voice communication. To enable us to respond in a manner most helpful to you:
- Please indicate the nature of your accessibility problem
- The preferred format in which to receive the material
- The web address of the requested material
- Your contact information
WEB ACCESSIBILITY GUIDELINES
Our website has been designed with the following accessibility guidelines in mind:
- Staff work to comply with Section 508 as well as Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 A and AA referring to website accessibility standards.
- To view PDF documents on this site with assistive technology, the Microsoft Edge browser is recommended using the Read Aloud tool found in the top right browser menu. If you have a preferred browser or screen reader, you may need to download the PDF to read it.
The City of Virginia Beach is committed to making ongoing accessibility improvements:
- The City has an ADA Coordinator to help implement ADA compliance efforts and meet the needs of customers.
- The Mayor's Committee for Persons With Disabilities meets monthly to advocate for individuals with disabilities and provide feedback to the City.
- The City is currently using Monsido to help identify and resolve accessibility issues on the website, and provide training to website staff.
BROWSER ACCESSIBILITY INFORMATION
Many popular browsers contain built-in accessibility tools:
- Microsoft Edge Accessibility Information
- Internet Explorer Accessibility Information
- Firefox Accessibility Information
- Chrome Accessibility Information
Adobe Reader may be required to view and print PDF documents that appear on this website.
- To download the Adobe Reader for free, visit the Adobe website.
- To read PDF documents with a screen reader, please visit the Adobe Reader Accessibility website which provides useful tools and resources.