Parks & Recreation Permitting Office

Special Events & Film Production Office

Outdoor Event Permits

Any festival, concert, parade, public performance or announced public gathering held on a public street, right-of-way or public property requires a permit.

A permit is required for private property when the outdoor activities are beyond the scope of normal use as determined by the zoning administrator.

Sand soccer

Park Shelter Reservations

Reserve picnic shelters at Bayville Farms, City View, ​Lake Lawson/Lake Smith, Little Island Park, Mount Trashmore, ​Munden Point, ​Red Wing, ​Great Neck Park, ​Woodstock Park and Williams Farm. A permit may be required depending on the type of event or items used in the event.

Mt Trashmore Picnic Area

Commercial Rental Permits for City Parks

Commercial rental permits are required for individuals or organizations wishing to use a City of Virginia Beach park for commercial business purposes for which a fee is collected by the business owner or designee. Permits must be secured no less than 30 days before the event.

Mount Trashmore Summer Carnival rides at sunset

Private Parties at Virginia Beach History Museums

The Thoroughgood House gardens and grounds are available for private parties.

Thoroughood House and grounds