Virginia Beach Parks & Recreation is Hiring
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – Virginia Beach Parks & Recreation (VBPR) is hosting its first virtual job fair to find energetic, dedicated employees to fill hundreds of spring and summer part-time positions. Parks & Rec hiring managers and team members will be engaging interested applicants in an online forum with breakout sessions on Tuesday, March 30 from 3 to 6 p.m., providing information and answering questions. The department brings on approximately 350-500 staff members annually to fill these seasonal positions that have the potential to extend into the fadl. Positions with particularly high demand include childcare staff and lifeguards.
VBPR is looking for passionate individuals who have demonstrated skills and are looking for opportunities to work with kids, teach swimming, or work outdoors in our scenic parks. Employment areas include aquatics, athletics, fitness, park and landscape services, recreation center support staff, therapeutic recreation, and youth programs.
Those interested in attending should click the red "Enter the Lobby" button on the VBPR jobs website to be admitted.
- The virtual lobby will be open for candidates from 3-6 p.m.
- Hosts will then move candidates into smaller breakout sessions depending on their skills and areas of interest.
- The hosts will then provide an overview and group Q&A session.
- Speakers will rotate in 15 -20 minute sessions discussing information related to available opportunities, application and interview tips.
- Breakout Sessions will include multiple "rooms" with hiring supervisors to answer questions more specific to each area of employment.
About Virginia Beach Parks & Recreation
Virginia Beach Parks & Recreation strives to promote healthy lifestyles and protect the City's coastal environment, as well as to ensure all residents – regardless of their physical, social and economic circumstances – can access Parks & Recreation programs. The department's vision is to be the national leader in providing enriching and memorable lifelong experiences. Virginia Beach Parks & Recreation is accredited by CAPRA, the certifying agency of the National Recreation and Park Association. For more information, visit VBgov.com/parks or call (757) 385-1100 (TTY: 757-711 Virginia Relay). Sign up for Parks & Rec email newsletters at VBgov.com/eNews. Find us on Facebook at facebook.com/VBparksrec.