Virginia Beach Continues to Collect Yard Waste
City of Virginia Beach Public Works/Waste Management crews continues to collect yard waste following Tropical Storm Ian. To better assist residents, Waste Management shares the following:
- Due to the high volume of material, residents can expect delays in yard waste collection and may notice yard waste trucks in their neighborhood on different days than their trash day.
- Waste Management is utilizing two types of trucks for yard debris collection. Rear-loading yard waste trucks are used for the manual collection of bagged yard waste. Larger piles of tree trimmings are being removed by mechanical means (boom trucks).
- Residents can place bagged yard waste in their trash carts.
- Residents are encouraged to please make one or two large piles, rather than multiple small piles, as this allows crews to be more efficient when collecting yard debris. Two piles, generated from each house, will be collected. Pile(s) cannot exceed 4 x 4 x 4 feet.
- For larger amounts of yard debris, yard waste containers are available for rent. Please call Waste Management to schedule a delivery.
- Trash, recycling, and bulky item service remain on schedule.
The Virginia Beach Landfill and Resource Recovery Center, located at 1989 Jake Sears Road, is available to Virginia Beach residents for a wide range of recycling and disposal needs, including yard waste and tree limbs. Hours of operation are 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday.
If you have any questions, call 757-385-4650, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, or visit www.vbgov.com/wastemgt.
# # #