UPDATED: Modified Operations at Housing Resource Center Until Nov. 8
As part of a concerted effort to protect the health and safety of staff, clients and the community, the following modified operations are in place at the Housing Resource Center (HRC) until Nov. 8 as the Department of Housing & Neighborhood Preservation, in partnership with Public Health, responds to positive COVID-19 activity within the HRC:
- The HRC will be closed to visitors.
- Triage and screening for homeless services will be closed to walk-ins. Staff will conduct assessments and referrals by phone.
- Day Services and the Health Center will be closed.
- Human Services at the HRC (3rd floor) is operating under normal operations (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.). Appointments are encouraged.
- The Homeless Outreach team is continuing to engage with unsheltered individuals throughout the city and connecting them to resources in the community.
Families and individuals experiencing homelessness or in imminent danger of losing their housing should, as always, call the Regional Housing Crisis Hotline, (757) 227-5932, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
UPDATE: Human Services at the HRC (3rd floor) is operating under normal operations (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.). Appointments are encouraged. Call (757) 385-2539 to schedule an appointment.