Sanitary Sewer Repair to Affect S Independence Boulevard this Saturday
A portion of S Independence Boulevard and surrounding roads will be closed starting a 9 p.m. this Saturday, Sept. 24, due to a sanitary sewer repair.
To safely facilitate this work, the following will be closed:
- Two inside lanes of southbound S Independence Boulevard between Baxter Road and Edwin Drive
- Left turn lane of southbound S Independence Boulevard onto Edwin Drive
- Two left turn lanes of eastbound Edwin Drive onto S Independence Boulevard
- Two inside lanes of northbound S Independence Boulevard between S Plaza Trail and Edwin Drive
- Two inside left turn lanes of S Independence Boulevard onto Holland Road
Area residents will have access to their properties at all times. This work is expected to be completed by 9 a.m. the following morning, Sept. 25; weather permitting. For more information, contact Barron McPherson with Virginia Beach Public Utilities at 757-510-8128.