Officers of Election (Poll Workers) Needed in Virginia Beach for Nov. 2 General & Special Elections
Voter Registration & Elections is looking for dedicated citizens to staff nearby Virginia Beach polling places on Election Day. We are inviting you to help us in assisting your family, friends and neighbors in having a satisfying experience when voting.
An Officer of Election assists citizens and facilitates a successful voting experience with duties that may include check-in of registered voters, assisting with paperwork, tallying results and other election-related duties. Officers of Election receive training to prepare them for their assigned duties and are asked to follow the Virginia Election guidelines and standards.
Compensation for attending training and working Election Day is $172.00.
- You are eligible to serve as an Election Official if you are a registered voter of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- You cannot hold an elected office or be the employee of an elected official.
- Must attend a November Election training session.
- Be able to speak, read and write English.
- Have patience when interacting with a variety of people during a long day.
- You must not engage in any political conversation with voters and/or fellow Election Officials. Communicate no bias or opinions on the election or candidates at the polling location.
- Election Officials work for the Electoral Board and follow the guidelines and standards that lead to exceptional customer service in guiding citizens to a successful and positive voting experience.
- Must be willing to do what is necessary to maintain and secure voting environment.
If you are interested in serving, contact Voter Registration & Elections at 757-385-8683 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before Aug. 30. You may also submit an Online Interest Form or print and complete the Election Official Appointment Form at www.vbgov.com/voter.