Modified Operations at Housing Resource Center Until Dec. 17
As part of a concerted effort to protect the health and safety of staff, clients and the community, the following modified operations are in place at the Housing Resource Center (HRC) until Dec. 17 as the Department of Housing & Neighborhood Preservation, in partnership with Public Health, responds to positive COVID-19 activity within the HRC:
- The HRC will be closed to visitors.
- Triage and screening for homeless services will be closed to walk-ins. Staff will conduct assessments and referrals by phone.
- Day Services and the Health Center will be closed.
- The Department of Human Services (DHS) at the HRC (3rd floor) will follow the operational status of the facility. The DHS presence at the HRC will continue to serve the needs of our community, however an appointment will be required until Dec. 17. Please call 757-385-2539 to schedule an appointment.
- The Homeless Outreach team is continuing to engage with unsheltered individuals throughout the city and connecting them to resources in the community.
- Winter Shelter Check-In: Homeless adults in need of overnight shelter should check in at PiN Ministry, 1164 Millers Lane, Suite A, from 5 to 6 p.m. During this timeframe, there will be no Winter Shelter pick-ups and drop-offs at the HRC.
As always, families and individuals experiencing homelessness or in imminent danger of losing their housing should call the Regional Housing Crisis Hotline, (757) 227-5932, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.