City Facilities to Open Sunday Following Weekend Winter Weather
With City crews actively clearing roads following several inches of snow, the City of Virginia Beach will open City facilities Sunday, Jan. 23, to include recreation centers, the Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center, and parks under normal hours of operation.
Details for Sunday, January 23:
- The Virginia Aquarium will open at noon, however, whale watching tours and the Adventure Park are closed
- Recreation centers will open at 11 a.m.
- Parks will be open, however, sledding on Mount Trashmore is still prohibited and will be monitored.
- Virginia Beach Public Library locations are closed on Sundays.
- Thoroughgood House will be closed.
Residents are encouraged to take precautionary measures to avoid driving on roads that may have icy conditions due to dropping overnight temperatures. For the most up-to-date information, stay tuned to local television and radio stations, as well as VBgov.com, the city's VBTV channels (Cox Cable 46, 47 and 48 and Verizon Cable 45, 46 and 47) and these social media sites:
Citizen Services at 311 (landlines within City limits) or 385-3111 provides the City's current operating condition status and facilities closure notices. Please do not call 911 unless you have an emergency.