Hampton Roads Transit is the public transportation provider for the region offering a variety of transport services throughout Virginia Beach.
- Transit, Transportation & Parking
HRT's fixed-route bus service consists of several routes seven days a week, but also provides seasonal bus service via the VB Wave shuttles. The shuttles operate from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend and are an easy way to get around the Virginia Beach Oceanfront.
- Atlantic Avenue Shuttle - Route 30 transports passengers up and down Atlantic Avenue to the many restaurants and oceanfront attractions with service running every 15 minutes.
- Aquarium and Campground Shuttle - Route 31 transports passengers from the Rudee Loop to the Virginia Aquarium, campgrounds, and parks located along General Booth Boulevard with service running about every 20 minutes.
- Oceanfront Connector - Route 34 provides service from Parks Avenue and 19th Street to Atlantic Avenue and 22nd Street via 19th Street, Birdneck Road and Virginia Beach Boulevard. It transports riders to the Convention Center, Virginia Beach Sports Center, Vibe Creative District and Atlantic Avenue between 17th and 22nd streets and runs about every 15 minutes.
- Bayfront Shuttle - Route 35 connects the Bayfront to the Oceanfront from Shore Drive down to the Rudee Loop and makes stops along the way at First Landing State Park and the North End with service about every 60 minutes.
How to Ride the Bus
Hampton Roads Transit makes it easy for people to get around Hampton Roads using bus, light rail and ferry. Learn more about our services that you can use to get to work, school, shopping and entertainment.
Booking a Ride With the HRT Paratransit App
The current fare for Paratransit is $3.50 per trip. Paratransit services are not included in any of the HRT’s Discounted Fare programs. Drivers can only accept cash or tickets from customers as they board.
Page Last Updated: May 5, 2023