Passports are processed by appointment only. Call (757) 385-4303 to schedule.
Applications are accepted 8:30am-3:00pm, Monday-Friday, in the City Clerk’s Office, 2401 Courthouse Drive, Suite 2116. Payment is by check or money order only. Current fees are available on the U.S. State Department's website.
- Application DS 11
- Applications can be obtained online at U.S. State Department.
- Applications should be completed prior to coming in but not signed; the Application must be signed in front of a Passport Agent.
- All applications must be printed by hand in black ink or filled out online and printed.
- Citizenship Proof – One of the following is required:
- Long form birth certificate from state of birth Vital Records department containing parent(s) names; or
- Original citizenship certificate;
- Previous unrenewable passport
- Picture ID (VA driver's license or military ID; out-of-state ID requires two forms of ID)
- One check or money order made payable to U.S. State Department
- One check or money order made payable to City of Virginia Beach
- Children Under 16
- Both parents must accompany the child; or
- Notarized Absent Parent Form DS3053 (one form per child);
- Photocopy of absent parent's picture ID (front and back)
- Adult renewals on a passport less than 15 years old self-renew by mailing in form DS82 (and its subsequent required information) along with payment for a regular or expedited renewal.
- If you acquired your passport when you were younger than 16, you must renew in person with form DS11 and the other above requirements.
Children younger than 16 must appear in person with both parents (or guardians) to submit Form DS-11.
Both parents or legal guardians must:
- Submit evidence of the child's U.S. citizenship
- Submit evidence of the relationship between child and parent(s)/guardian(s)
- Present identification of parent(s)/guardian(s)
- Submit a photocopy of each parent/guardian ID document
- Provide parental consent
If the second parent is not available to sign, the appearing parent must present evidence that he or she has sole legal custody of the child or written consent of the non-appearing parent for the issuance of a passport.
The Children's Passport Issuance Alert Program (CPIAP) is one of the Department of State's most important tools for preventing international parental child abduction. The program allows parents to register their U.S. citizen children under the age of 18 in the Lookout System. If a passport application is submitted for a child who is registered in CPIAP, the Department of State contacts and alerts the parent or parents.
The Office of Children's Issues, which is part of Overseas Citizen Services, is responsible for administering CPIAP. The office may be reached by telephone at (888) 407-4747, or by fax at (202) 736-9133.
For additional information, contact the U.S. Department of State's passport services and information website.
- $190 - expedited
Child (under 16)
- $160 - expedited
- $30 - adult
- $90 - expedited
- $15 - child
- $75 - child expedited
- $35.00 per person - Acceptance Fee to City of Virginia Beach.