Old Beach Design Review Committee
- Advertising Advisory Committee
- Beaches and Waterways Commission
- Board of Building Code Appeals
- Citizens Committee on Boards and Commissions
- Community Policy and Management Team
- Oceana Land Use Conformity Committee
- Old Beach Design Review Committee
- Personnel Board
- Talent Bank
- Tidewater Community College Board
- Towing Advisory Board
- Transition Area ITA Citizens Advisory Committee
The Old Beach Design Review Committee was established in the Old Beach Overlay District Ordinance (Section 1906, Zoning Ordinance) as a citizen resource for those seeking to develop in the Old Beach Overlay District. The committee is intended to help preserve, enhance and promote the character of the Old Beach residential neighborhood in accordance with the Old Beach Design Guidelines and provisions of the Old Beach Overlay District by offering recommendations on development projects. Plan submission to and review by the committee is voluntary and is encouraged early in the design process, prior to applying for necessary City approvals or permits.
The Committee consists of 5 members appointed by City Council, including 2 representatives from the Resort Advisory Commission and 3 representatives who reside or own property within the Old Beach Overlay District. All committee members are qualified by knowledge or experience to make decisions on questions of neighborhood planning and design. A member of the Virginia Beach Planning Department staff serves as a liaison to the committee.